Thursday 13 August 2015

Make the Day Special August Challenge

It's my favourite kind of challenge at Make The Day Special this month, a sketch! Here's my interpretation using the Avery Elle Tweet Tweet stamps I bought using my voucher for winning last month's challenge. I love these stamps! :)



I've used Inktense pencils to colour the birds (still practicing with these!), and Distress Inks to stencil the background and also watercolour the background to the bird perches. The stitching is using an American Crafts Amy Tan template.



5 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, Love the stitched sentiment :) Thanks for playing at Make the day special stamp store.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I wanted these stamps...& now I know I neeeeed them! Lovely bright card & I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coloring, Claire! These birds are just too cute :) Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun, bright card...love how you followed the sketch with these two birds on their perches :)
    Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love the birds on the perches- great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the MTDSSS challenge! x

    ReplyDelete